The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To coordinate and provide finance, budget and administration support services involving the recording and interpretation of financial and budgetary information to ensure the efficient functioning of the support services and inform decision-making.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ), and report to the Head of Unit, Chief, or Finance Officer.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff, or specific support service(s).
1. Provide the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations;
2. Support the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures, and assist in setup and implementation of proper accounting procedures, systems and internal controls;
3. Monitor the daily cash position in order to optimize the use of surplus cash and maximize returns on investment through the liquidity portfolio;
4. Monitor the centralised registry system in order to process all payments to internal staff and invoices to external suppliers in a timely manner and in accordance with WFP standards;
5. Contribute to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, monitor expenditure and budget forecasts, to ensure that relevant future funding requirements are met;
6. Co-ordinate with other teams in order to ensure that all financial and administrative services are being performed efficiently and in line with the needs of the wider team;
7. Monitor account balances and process financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner, to avoid the occurrence of an overdraft;
8. Monitor and analyse general ledger accounts in order to initiate and achieve corrective actions;
9. Compile data from the WFP database and systems in order to assist in generating and analysing financial reports on a monthly basis;
10. Allocate tasks to other support staff, provide guidance and on-the-job training in management of financial resources (e.g. managing the petty cash/sub-imprest account, review and analyse vendor and balance sheet accounts, etc.), to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards;
11. Remain on stand-by and follow standard emergency preparedness practices in order to meet immediate emergency requirements for further service on the job and in the field;
12.Any other related duties as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Internal Controls & Compliance||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP’s critical activities.|
|Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting||Demonstrates participation in business planning efforts by developing basic project-level budgets and forecasts, incorporating information from various sources as appropriate to monitor KPIs.|
|Resource Management||Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and resource usage on a project-level basis.|
|Financial Mgmt. & Accounting Principles||Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.|
|Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge||Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).|
Education: Completion of secondary school education.A University degree and or additional trainings/courses in Accounting, Business adminisstration or related area are an asset.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Portuguese and English language.
Níveis: Secondary School
→ Mais vagas em Beira
→ Todos anúncios de WFP
→ Explorar vagas de Financial