Under the overall supervision of the Procurement/Logistics Officer and Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Procurement/Logistics Assistant and in close coordination with Head of Office, the incumbent shall provide driving services in support of project and operational activities in the area of responsibility.
1. Drive the IOM vehicle and transport authorized personnel. Ensure that the vehicle is used exclusively for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor;
2. Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle and ensure its
roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc;
3. Keep records of spare parts for the vehicle and conduct monthly spare part inventory;
4. Ensure that the vehicle undertakes regular service intervals and maintains cleanliness of the in and outside part of the vehicle. Arrange for minor repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean at all times;
5. Ensure that the vehicle has full tank and is technically ready prior departure for field trips;
6. Identify the most effective and efficient route to reach the requested destination;
7. Implement measures to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes;
8. Ensure that appropriate actions in line with local rules and regulations pertaining to driving are taken in case an accident occurs;
9. Maintain a vehicle logbook and verified by staff using the vehicle;
10. Ensure that the daily log sheet and monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics on mileage, fuel consumption, etc;
11. Undertake other office assignments and small errands when instructed;
12. Adhere to IOM code of conduct and to UNDSS / MOSS Compliance; as well as the local Code of Transit rules and regulations for road travel;
13. Maintain a high degree of confidentially and discreteness in discussions and travels, which involves IOM and its officials;
14. Perform other duties as may be required.
Fluency in English and Portuguese both oral and written is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
a) Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
b) Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees
(preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to [email protected] , indicating the reference
code above (SVN/MZ10/2020/021 – Driver) as subject. The deadline for applications is 5 May 2020.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview,
processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank
Job Type: Full-Time
→ More jobs at Pemba
→ All listings by IOM
→ Explorare vacancies at Driving
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|