This role is to provide financial and administrative support to the programme in order to meet the client needs in respect of governance and to help ensure effective delivery by in-country technical staff. The job holder will also cater for the procurement elements within the programme (supported by HQ technical experts).
Working in close consultation with the HQ Programme Manager, the Programme Financial Controller and Administration Manager will be responsible for:
- Carrying out inception phase activities together with our senior partner and CA programme staff;
- Creating and maintaining appropriate financial records and reporting mechanisms sufficient to meet client and internal needs;
- Setting up appropriate programme governance structures and records in consultation with our donor and other stakeholders;
- Organising and maintaining communication channels such as programme steering meetings, stakeholder forums etc;
- Producing and delivering regular reports as identified/agreed during the inception phase as well as ad hoc reporting as required;
- Setting up appropriate channels to report on programme success and seek feedback from private sector and civil society on how the programme is benefiting them (or could benefit them);
- Carrying out all administrative functions necessary to support the programme (including, but not limited to visas/work permits, accommodation, transport, security, communications etc);
- Establishing and maintaining procedures to ensure effective duty of care for all programme staff;
- In consultation with technical staff, assisting in mobilisation of short term in-country expertise;
- Working closely with the Non-Technical Programme Manager in establishing and maintaining regular high-level links and communication channels with our donor and other key stakeholders in order to fully understand the changing political economy of Mozambique and to adapt the programme as required;
- Carry out procurement activities as dictated by the client (supported as necessary by technical experts from HQ).
Basis for Appointment
This is a senior full-time role based in Maputo but with an expectation of some in-country travel.
The Programme Financial Controller and Administration Manager will report directly to the Crown Agents In-House Programme Manager. Any junior administrative staff will report directly to the Programme Financial Controller and Administration Manager. The attached organogram gives further details of overall programme management structure.